In corporate America when did casual Fridays become every day wear? As I leave a meeting I noticed a few articles of clothing walking past me that should not be in the work place. I started to think, what the hell are they thinking wearing that to work, have they not read the dress code policy? There is a time and place for everything but wearing any of these items to work even on casual Fridays are a BIG NO-NO!
1. Flip-Flops – There you are focused on your project and “SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP!” as someone walks by your office. There is a reason why they’re not allowed in the office, they are just TOO DAMN LOUD. Lets keep these at the beach and not in the office.
2. Sweats/sweat outfits – J.Lo may have made these fashionable like 8 years ago but they are a no-no. If you are comfortable in what you’re wearing while sitting on your couch watching TV you should probably not wear it to the office.
3. Ripped Jeans – From exposing a knee or an ass cheek, ripped jeans are not acceptable.
4. Navel Tops – Need I say more?
5. Shorts, Mini Skirts – As hot as it may get, chances are the air conditioning is blowing away. Rule of thumb, never wear anything 1” above your knees to work.
6. Muffin Top – Not flattering. Not only does it make you appear larger than you actually are, muffin tops are uncomfortable to sport and to look at.
7. Cleavage – Keep the girls packed and locked away and in the bedroom.
8. Strong Perfume – If you want to let someone know you’re coming, set up a meeting. Don’t make a bold statement with your choice of scent.
9. Bright Colors – when in doubt wear neutral colors. This means your make up too.
The bottom line: Your appearance can keep you from getting hired or be the reason for you getting fired. From slapping your heels to looking too sexy they are not corporate looks and neither are toes. Lets keep it classy. Here is an outfit that would be acceptable to wear on casual Friday’s.
[photos:gettyimages.com | polyvore.com | gettyimages.com]
Filed under: Fashion, Girl Talk | Tagged: attire, bright colors, casual friday, cleavage, corporate, corporate america, flip flops, makeup, mini skirt, muffin, muffin top, navel, navel tops, perfume, ripped jeans, shorts, strong perfume, sweat suit, sweats, velour, work, work wear |