Posted on June 4, 2011 by Krissy
The next phase of our home re-dec was the bedrooms. Althought this is a 3 bedroom home, we have only completed the Master Bedroom and our daughter’s room. The office is our next project.
Reese's Room (Before)
Reese's Room (After)
Reese’s Room (What We Did)
1. Stripped Wallpaper [ for more details on How to Strip Wallpaper cite: You Should be on HGTV (part 1)]
2. Carpet: We removed the brown carpet ourselves and picked out a beautiful gray short-shag carpet from Home Depot which had the BEST deals. We used our HD credit card and got a free installation with 0% interest plan. From what I hear it is “all about the padding” when picking out your carpet. We went with the higher end padding and middle end carpet which looks perfect and is very comfortable.
3. Paint: I am standing up in a wedding in September and a friend of mine chose her colors as Pewter and Yellow. She got the idea of these colors from Tori and Dean’s vow renewal. I loved the colors and thought they would go perfect in Reese’s room. We chose Behr paint again in the colors Bicycle Yellow and Porpoise keeping the chair rail and trim white.
Ryan and Krissy’s Room
Ryan & Krissy's Room (Before)
Ryan and Krissy's Room (After)
Ryan and Krissy’s Room (What We Did)
1. Same as Reese’s Room (See above)
2. Paint: We picked our colors out based on our bedspread which we ended up loving. I was not sure about the colors at first, but it ended up being one of my favorite rooms. Colors: Pencil Point & Hazy Skies
Filed under: Home, Miscellaneous | Tagged: babys room, bedroom, Behr, carpet, decor, design, Home Depot, paint, redecorate, redecoration, strip, stripped wallpaper, Tori and Dean, wallpaper, wallpaper removal | Comments Off on You Should Be on HGTV (part 2)
Posted on May 20, 2011 by Krissy
My aunt’s mother passed away in 2009 and in April of 2010, my Uncle suggested I consider buying her townhome. We had so much going on at the time, I was due to have my daughter the following month and buying a home seemed IMPOSSIBLE. We didn’t think we had enough money or credit to even entertain it. After viewing the townhome which was VERY rough on the eyes Ryan (my husband) and I talked about our options and thought it wouldn’t hurt to apply for the loan. Although the townhome wasn’t “move-in” ready, my uncle assured us most of the work him or my other uncles could help with. We loved the layout and neighborhood. It was 2 blocks from downtown Mt. Prospect and the Metra train station, we couldn’t ask for a better location. It was 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths with a basement. “What’s meant to be, is meant to be” was the way the next 6 months went. We were approved for the loan while I was on maternity leave and from that time in June it took over 5 months to actually close. On 11/9/2010, we signed on the dotted line and became first time homeowners. We started work on the house the last week of December.
Dining & Living Area
Dining Area (Before)
Filed under: Accessories, Home, Miscellaneous | Tagged: Behr, carpet, carpet removal, cheap, colors, decorate, decoration, design, DIY, easy, Fun, hallway, hardwood floors, help, HGTV, Home Depot, living area, Menards, paint, redecor, redecorate, redecoration, Salvation Army, savings, steamper, strip wallpaper, wallpaper, wallpaper removal | Comments Off on “You Should be on HGTV”