The next phase of our home re-dec was the bedrooms. Althought this is a 3 bedroom home, we have only completed the Master Bedroom and our daughter’s room. The office is our next project.
Reese’s Room (What We Did)
1. Stripped Wallpaper [ for more details on How to Strip Wallpaper cite: You Should be on HGTV (part 1)]
2. Carpet: We removed the brown carpet ourselves and picked out a beautiful gray short-shag carpet from Home Depot which had the BEST deals. We used our HD credit card and got a free installation with 0% interest plan. From what I hear it is “all about the padding” when picking out your carpet. We went with the higher end padding and middle end carpet which looks perfect and is very comfortable.
3. Paint: I am standing up in a wedding in September and a friend of mine chose her colors as Pewter and Yellow. She got the idea of these colors from Tori and Dean’s vow renewal. I loved the colors and thought they would go perfect in Reese’s room. We chose Behr paint again in the colors Bicycle Yellow and Porpoise keeping the chair rail and trim white.
Ryan and Krissy’s Room
Ryan and Krissy’s Room (What We Did)
1. Same as Reese’s Room (See above)
2. Paint: We picked our colors out based on our bedspread which we ended up loving. I was not sure about the colors at first, but it ended up being one of my favorite rooms. Colors: Pencil Point & Hazy Skies
Filed under: Home, Miscellaneous | Tagged: babys room, bedroom, Behr, carpet, decor, design, Home Depot, paint, redecorate, redecoration, strip, stripped wallpaper, Tori and Dean, wallpaper, wallpaper removal | Comments Off on You Should Be on HGTV (part 2)